Hello, How are you? Hope you will be fine. So today we’re going to discuss about iPhone 11 vs iPhone 12 means difference between iPhone and iPhone 12 which of these two mid-tier priced iPhones is better and it’s a pretty good time. To buy the iPhone 11 as well due to the price reduction because of the iPhone 12 launch, we’re gonna be comparing all of the available features and everything that we know about these two phones to help you decide which phone is the better buy or which one is better in my opinion.
We’re going to go over all of the differences between these two phones. Let’s get started now.
How much are these iPhones going to cost you well with the iPhone 12 launch the iPhone 11 price has been reduced to Rs 54,900/- onwards while the iPhone 12 launches for Rs 79,900/- onwards now both of the phones come with 64 gigs base storage and goes all the way up to 256 gigs. If you want more space than that you’re gonna have to go to one of the Pro models.
Comparison Table between iPhone 11 and iPhone 12
|Specifications||Apple iPhone 12||Apple iPhone 11|
|Display||6.1-inch OLED display with 2532×1170 pixel resolution||6.1-inch OLED Liquid Retina HD screen with 1798×828 pixel resolution|
|Storage||64GB, 128GB, 256GB||64GB, 128GB, 256GB|
|Operating system||iOS 14||iOS 14|
|Processor||A14 Bionic chip with next-generation neural engine||A13 Bionic chipset with third-generation neural engine|
|Rear camera||12MP Ultra Wide camera with ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view and a 12MP Wide lens with ƒ/1.6 aperture||12MP Ultra Wide lens with ƒ/2.4 aperture and Wide lens ƒ/1.6 aperture|
|Front camera||12MP TrueDepth camera with f/2.2 aperture||12MP TrueDepth camera with f/2.2 aperture|
|Battery||Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging up to 15W and Qi wireless charging up to 7.5W||Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging|
|Colour options||Black, White, Green, Blue and Product Red||Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, White and Product Red|
|Price(64 GB) in Rs||Rs 79,900/- onwards||Rs 54,900/- onwards|
First of all you’ve got 5G compatibility on the iPhone 12. Now obviously the vast majority of people will not have great 5G coverage near them that said 5G coverage is coming to a city near you or maybe even your own city. And you will want a 5G phone at some point so what that means is that 5G is not so much an essential feature as it is a future proofing feature. Which is really nice I think.
Now one of my favorite new features of the iPhone 12 is the meg safe or magnets they’ve embedded into the back of the phone. This is going to allow you to use all kinds of magsafe accessories like wallets or allow your phone to snap to wireless charging and the other cool thing that a lot of people aren’t thinking about is depending on how strong the magnets are. You might actually be able to use the phone after the wireless charger has snapped to the back because you can actually hold it in your hand with the wireless charger still on there allowing you to essentially use the phone while it’s charging which normally you can’t do with wireless charging.
Now when it comes to colors and customization
- You have five colors with the iPhone 12 blue, green, red, white and black.
- And in iPhone 11 you actually get six colors purple, yellow, green, black, white and red color.
- In my opinion is a pretty minor thing but if any of these colors in particular stand out to you then maybe you’ll be more drawn to one or the other.
When it comes to displays this is another area where we have a significant upgrade
- The iPhone 12 features an OLED display with a much higher resolution of 2532 by 1170 with 460 pixels per inch.
- While the iPhone 11 uses an LCD display that has a resolution of 1792 by 828 with 326 pixels per inch.
- Now both of the displays are rated for 625 nits under normal usage.
- Though with the OLED you can have select pixels peak brightness go up to 1200 nits.
- Where with the LCD you just can’t have that level of peak brightness and that is a big part of why the contrast ratio is so much better on the OLED as well you have these really bright pixels.
- And then with an OLED panel you can also have deep black pixels allowing for much better contrast.
- Especially if you’re trying to watch like movies in your bed late at night with the phone brightness down a little bit you can get that true black look on your movies now as far as the pixel density goes under normal usage.
- When you’re using the phone, let’s say like about a foot away from your face you’re not going to really notice the increased pixel density at all but, if you’re someone who likes to hold your phone fairly close to your face and you have good eyesight that’s when you’re going to notice the additional pixels per inch.
- The iPhone 12 we have the a14 bionic Apple’s latest chip based on a five nanometer processor.
- With the iPhone 11 we have the a13 bionic based on a seven nanometer processor .
- Now that is a significant upgrade in terms of efficiency allowing for additional performance at the same power levels.
- And for sure the a14 is going to be the faster processor that said the a13 bionic was no slouch it still is no slouch it’s still faster than any android phone out there which is kind of crazy.
- So what that means is the iPhone 11 is basically an insanely fast phone still and really in day-to-day performance.
Battery life between these two phones
- Well apple rates these two phones very very close both at 17 hours for video playback.
- And 11 hours for the iPhone 12 with video streaming.
- And 10 hours for the iPhone 11 with video streaming.
- So it’s almost identical in terms of battery life but the iPhone 12 has slightly more battery life.
- When doing certain things perhaps probably due to the new more efficient a14 bionic not sure or maybe the OLED display it’s hard to say slightly better battery life in the iPhone 12.
So what about the cameras on the iPhone 11 and iPhone12.
- Well the good news here is the cameras are almost identical with a handful of changes and improvements on the iPhone 12.
- We still have two cameras on the back and of course the forward front-facing camera for the cameras on the back.
- We have one ultra wide and one wide camera both 12 megapixels.
- First of all the aperture has been increased allowing for more light into the ultra wide camera from an aperture of 1.8 to 1.6 this is going to give us improved low light performance probably night photos as well.
- And then we also have the fact that we now have deep fusion which is apple’s improved photo processing available on all three cameras on the iPhone 12 whereas with the iPhone 11 that deep fusion is only available on the primary wide sensor.
- Another new feature for the iPhone 12 camera is the Dolby HDR video recording mode.
- Which should in theory allow for slightly poppier colors in video recording.
- Now arguably the biggest improvement for the camera from the iPhone 11 to the iPhone 12 is that the primary sensor the wide camera on the back will get 27 percent more light to the sensor.
- Which is going to help improve low light photos and night photos.
- I feel like the iPhone 12 is just going to be slightly better than the iPhone 11 .
- The iPhone 12 pro max actually has a much better camera.
- So if you’re someone that wants the best possible camera in their iPhone the iPhone 12 pro max actually has some noticeable upgrades over the iPhone 12.
- So in conclusion if you’re on a budget the iPhone 11 is a solid choice. It has the vast majority of features and will be a very good phone for many years to come.
- The iPhone 12 with its 5G modem higher resolution, OLED display, the improved camera, the more durable ceramic display, the faster a14 bionic processor and the convenience of the meg safe magnetic back all of those features add up to the iPhone 12 being a more future proof phone one that you will not feel the need to upgrade from as quickly, which I think is a big advantage.
- I think a lot of iPhone users tend to keep their phone on average four to five years and four or five years from now I guarantee you you’re gonna want a 5G phone and that makes the iPhone 12 that much more attractive.
- If I was buying one and I had the money I would go for the iPhone 12 and if I was more strict on my budget I would go for the iPhone 11.
- Because the differences aren’t that great in terms of current usability.
That’s it for my comparison between the iPhone 11 and iPhone12. I hope it was helpful for you in deciding which iPhone is the right one for you.